In this edition of Wedding Trends, we went straight to the source to find out what’s hot for brides in Southern Maryland. Scroll down for our interview with Lynn Kilinski, owner of Bridal Secrets bridal boutique in La Plata.
Lynn was one of many generous wedding vendors to donate to this year’s Dream Wedding Giveaway. Our winners, Jai Cunningham and Kevin Branch, married on July 27th celebrated their nuptuals surrounded by family and friends in an elegant ceremony and reception. The details that Jai & Kevin incorporated into their day truly reflected the love they have for one another as well as their family and friends. Stay tuned as we’ll be sharing their story in our upcoming Winter/Spring 2008 edition of the Southern Maryland Wedding Guide magazine.
Speaking of our upcoming magazine – it’s time for another Cover Picture Contest! The deadline for entries is October 31st and then we’ll post entry pictures on our website for voting in November. Click on the link above for more details.
In case you miss our announcement, we’re starting up our live internet broadcasts again where we interview local wedding service providers. This is another way we try to help local brides by getting wedding planning tips from the experts. (Check out our most recent broadcast where we interviewed Anita Kriner of Anitas Wedding Cake Company.) Send us feedback on the topics you would like us to feature on a future show.
This week on SoMdWeddings.com our feature Wedding Trends article is about “Etiquette and Benefits of Sending Save The Date Invitation Cards“. Since this is our featured article, we geared this month’s Web Finds towards a stationary company – Wedding Paper Divas. Check out their selection of save the date cards.
Interview with Lynn Kilinski of Bridal Secrets
We wanted to get the scoop on wedding trends for Southern Maryland Brides so we decided to go straight to the source! I sat down with Lynn Kilinski and asked her to tell me about some of the trends in bridal fashions as well as things she heard that brides were doing in our region. Here’s what she said:
- Mermaid style wedding dresses are hot!
- Double colored bridesmaid dresses are in too! She’s seeing lots of tea-length poly chiffon dresses with lots of layers. Popular colors include wasabe green and pool blue.
- Destination weddings are on the rise. Popular locations include Hawaii, the Bajamas and the Carolinas.
- Next year’s popular wedding date? 6/7/08 (get it?)
- Servicemen being deployed are contributing to many of the weddings being quickly planned. Lynn’s advice to brides: Check out discontinued wedding dresses right off the rack. If you have at least 5 weeks to plan, she has a supplier that can ship out bridesmaid dresses in 4 to 5 weeks.
Upcoming Bridal Shows
Colony South’s Annual Bridal Event & Fashion Show
Sunday, October 14, 2007. Visit our Bridal Events Calendar at SoMdWeddings.com.
Founder & CEO
The Southern Maryland Wedding Guide